Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Complete a comprehensive examination of your mouth including an oral cancer screening, bite and tmj evaluation, screening for gum disease, decay examination and smile review. Plan on spending about 90 minutes with the Doctor and his staff on this valuable visit
- Take X-rays of your teeth and mouth
- Make a comprehensive series of close up digital photographs of your entire mouth
- Review your existing conditions with you at the time of your initial visit using x-rays and photographs to give you a guided tour of your mouth
- Following your first visit Dr. Musser will prepare a written "Review of Findings" to share with you. This will detail existing conditions in your mouth, identify areas needing immediate attention and serve as a game plan to keep your mouth healthy for a lifetime
After your examination is complete, the doctor will meet with you to discuss your X-rays, help you create your own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions that you may have. This is routinely scheduled at the same time as your initial hygiene appointment for cleaning and polishing your teeth but may be made separately if it fits your schedule more conveniently.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you're preparing to visit the dentist, please remember that your appointments can last between 45 and 90 minutes.